Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you have read our terms and conditions carefully before submitting photographs.
1. Insurance Digital images are submitted at the owner’s risk and the owners are responsible for insurance against loss or damage.
2. Captions Each digital image should include an accurate caption describing the subject of the photograph. We do not have the means of checking the accuracy of captions and photographers are reminded that errors in captions lead to lost sales. All pictures of British landscapes must have the county as part of the caption as these may be used for regional calendars which are planned on a county basis. All digital image files should be named with a unique reference number or code at the beginning of the file name.
3. Formats Carousel retain the right to crop any image as may be necessary to suit a particular format of publication and to edit digitally if we believe that it is necessary (for example sharpening or ‘cleaning’). Carousel will not make any significant digital manipulations to digital images without the prior permission of the photographer.
4. Free Copies Each photographer will receive three free copies of every calendar in which their pictures appear. Further copies are available at our usual trade terms of 50% discount.
5. Copyright All published photographs will be protected by the © symbol and the photographer’s name. In submitting photographs for consideration, photographers confirm that they are the owner of the copyright in the submitted work or that they have obtained the agreement and permission of the owner of the copyright. By submitting photographs for inclusion in Carousel publications the undersigned confirms that they will indemnify Carousel from all claims that may be made on the grounds that the publication of the photograph or illustration is an infringement of copyright.
6. Usage and Rights All photographs published in calendars are purchased on the basis of one year, worldwide, calendar only rights. Carousel also reserves the right to use any published photographs on its website, and to use any published photographs to advertise its products.
7. Exclusivity We do not ask for exclusivity for pictures used inside a calendar but we prefer that images that we have selected for cover use do not appear on the cover of calendars produced by other publishers. Please clearly indicate if any picture or one of similar subject and composition has been submitted to another company for use in a calendar in the same year or has been used on the cover of any calendar in the previous two years.
8. Standard Payments Carousel pay a fee for all photographs used and this fee will vary according to the size of the image reproduction or the size of the calendar. The rates for our more common formats is detailed below, Carousel reserves the right to change the payment terms in advance of final publication of any calendar. Contributing photographers and artists will be informed of any change in payment terms before final publication. Cover images are usually used again on the inside pages of the calendar and a 50% premium is usually paid for the cover and inside usage.
9. General Data Protection Regulation We store all your data securely and in line with the GDPR regulations. We keep your name, address and photos on our internal systems so that we can potentially choose your photos to use in our products and pay you appropriately should we use them. The lawful basis for processing your personal data is based upon the contract we have between you and us so that we can fulfil our obligations to you. You have several new rights under GDPR, such as:
1. the right to be informed
2. the right of access
3. the right to rectification
4. the right to erasure
5. the right to restrict processing
6. the right to data portability
7. the right to object
8. rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
If we have not used your photos or artwork in three year, we will send you new terms and conditions contract to complete and send back to us. If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, we will remove all photos from our internal systems that we use to choose photos from, apart from the completed products within which any of the photos or artwork have been used, as we will need to keep a record of it. We will keep your name, address and any other personal details you have provided for as long as is reasonably necessary for us yo fulfil out legal requirements as a company. If you have any questions or requests relating to how we store your personal data, or if you would like to exercise any of your GDPR rights, please contact us.